Expression

Driving home from school today was really depressing. The amount of mad (schizophrenic) people or homeless people that I pass on my way home, really got me today. I am not sure why it was today of all days that it affected me, but it did. Sometimes the things they say are funny, but their existence, their meagre existence, is not only pitiful, but heart-breaking. What can we do for these people? I want to live a life of purpose, one that will change people's lives. I don't want to be another observer I want to do something, to change something, to be something.....

Comments

Anonymous said…
This is really true....i mean efforts to help these people should be made. I've often observed these persons and have tried to imagine being in their shoes and the result always ends up being that i wish there was some way to get out!!
Anonymous said…
Yes you should want to be purposeful, but starting small is key... I am sure there are people who you know you have hurt with words, and the best way to start purposeful change is to resist from showing negative criticism and taunting people. think about it...