Hello 2010

I know its the 7th of January and the year isn't exactly new anymore. However, its better late than never they say. :). So although I am chronically hungry right now I am going to write this blog post, because if i get up for food the blog post will never be done (well at least not for now).

On that note, I want to shake off procrastination this year. I am such a procrastinator, such a huge lazy-ass. So instead of setting resolutions that I never keep anyway I have decided to make 2010 the year of revelation. I am going to rethink, revamp, redecorate my life.




This simply means I really want to sort my life: dump the people I don't need, focus more on what I ultimately want to become. When I say dump the people, I don't just mean high and dry stop talking to them; but slowly release them from my circle of friends. Why should I waste my time being a friend to you if you have basically written me off? I intend on saving tears this year too. Let's not fool ourselves and believe that love is pain.

In focusing more on what I want to become I aim to improve, hone, strengthen every aspect of my being. I don't just want to be great on the outside, but on the inside too.

I am a nice person, friendly too (it's a combo ya'll lol) and I am very emotional. I care about other people's feelings so much more than I care about my own. I don't want to lose this part of me [entirely], but I can't make anyone walk over me anymore. Some of my friends know my limits, but the ones I have known for way longer seem to believe they can push me and keep pushing me because I'm so nice, and understanding, and helpful. But, this year I won't stand for the crap. I probably won't curse them, but I will separate myself mentally... and once you've been removed from my mind, it's basically over.

Don't think I want to be a cold heartless bitch this year, no that's not it at all. It will just be me, Nicolette....with a backbone (a stronger one).

Bring it on...2010

Comments

Unknown said…
Yay for backbones! And friends who respect limits. Happy New Year
Nicolette ღ said…
i am like 8 months too late but thanks :)