Christmas is "a-coming"

*sniff sniff*.... do you smell that? YEP THAT's CHRISTMAS...


When I was younger I used to really just look forward to the food and being able to play with my cousins. Christmas also meant a lot of planning for me back then, because after every Christmas dinner my cousin, my sister and I would have to put on a Christmas concert. The concert could take any shape we wanted it to, and every year we would change things.




However, a musical piece was always a staple. There would be two musical pieces because I wanted to show off my proficiency with the recorder and my sister played the flute wonderfully.

Although, it was just a small thing for family I took it very seriously writing out programmes and then typing up programmes after my typing on the computer improved.

Those were the days....

I still like christmas, I still like what christmas represents and I still have an appreciation for the season.

BUT, life sometimes hardens you. Growing up and seeing sides of people they never showed you as a child can harden you to the world, to your family and to everyone you come into contract with.

It's amazing how people change, and how their change affects all the things you thought were norms, affects all the things you thought were innate, affects your soul, affects your heart.

Because of some revelations within my family I care less about meeting up with them. I accept all people for who they are and I try my best not to judge, but these particular revelations hit me hard, and I have become hardened in some ways.

Christmas though, is a time of good cheer (isn't that what the song says), so I will be grateful for life, friends and experiences that have brought me this far. Everything in life, that doesn't kill you makes you stronger....

Even with this hardness in my heart I plan to celebrate the hell out of christmas... If you don't feel like celebrating christmas, try something untraditional and with some people you know will make it interesting.

Christmas is a-coming... let's change some traditional christmas events and ideas to make them our own, after-all tradition gets boring sometimes... don't they?

Comments