12- day BlackBerry Fast

Well, the BlackBerry is really my cell phone and (second) means of communication (I have a very reliable Nokia also, on another network); so I am really taking a break from B.I.S (BlackBerry Internet Service).



Why did I even think about this?






I have thought about this for a very long time... taking a break from the addiction of my BlackBerry.... I have tried to do it more than once before and I failed miserably. The longest I have ever gone without B.I.S is 12 hours... So I am challenging myself to go 12 days without Blackberry Internet Service; because I feel too dependent on it, and I think it will foster better/ stronger friendships: because those people on BBM are mostly not your friends... Someone who will take the time from BBM to actually text / call you means a lot in these harsh technological times.

How have the first 24 hours been?

This has been DAY 1 of the 12-day fast. I have not been having BIS urges just yet, however I did try to get WIFI to use twitter on my phone but it didn't work. Surprisingly ... I sent more texts and made more calls today than I did for probably the whole of last month.

It feels sort of liberating so far to be without it, and to show that I am strong enough to get over my addiction.  I have been so accustomed to using my BlackBerry and doing everything else: using  my BB and taking notes in class, using my BB while talking to a friend, using my BB while having meals, using my BB while reading books... I think it's time that I prove to myself that I can do without it.


I was tempted today to change my cell service provider, so that I could get a cheaper BB plan that would include just social networking ... Luckily will power prevailed.


The only set back is that, before my BB I was a horrible e-mail checker.. I would check emails once every 3 weeks / month - so I responded to emails VERY VERY LATE, with the BB I was able to receive and respond A.S.A.P to  emails but  now I am going to have to make a conscious effort to remind myself to check my email.



How long will this fast be? (The period)


As stated it will 12 days - July 1, 2011 at 11:31 am to July 12, 2011 at 11:31 am

.... The first day wasn't so bad so BRING IT ON!



Comments