Day 2 of the BlackBerry Fast

It's day two and I am still breathing and didn't sneak and buy credit to put on the BB service... yaay me


However, my boyfriend thinks that this "fast" is not going to help me.





He doesn't understand... So let's make this clear: this is not to say that I will not be using my BlackBerry heavily when the fast is over nor is it about the frequency with which I respond to messages... it is about me showing myself that this technology does not have power over me. I got my first BlackBerry 2 years ago, and from then I have been without service, voluntarily,  for only 12 hours and that was because I was going home late and no stores were open. In hard times, I would scrape every money I had to get my service back on, even for the week sometimes.

[N.B. : I said voluntarily because when I went abroad I wouldn't be able to use the service]

DAY TWO:

Wasn't bad at all, as a matter of fact I didn't have an urge to put it [BlackBerry Internet Service, BIS] back on at all. However, I did see a few things I would've liked to tweet. BUT I did remember to check my email today (that was a huge concern). I have sent more text messages today than I have in 8 days

... I HAVE PROOF...

From June 22 to June 30 I recieved only 4 text messages, 2 of which were from my cell service provider and 2 from actual people.

Today, July 2.. I have had 7 text message conversations, in which I have sent an average of 10 text messages... That is 70 text messages TODAY ALONE!

AND the funny thing is it wasn't just idle chatter...

I was also able to leave my phone alone for 2 whole hours... not looking at it ONCE.

This cleanse is alright so far... wish me more luck :D

Comments