Day 4 ... and why are all the roads in kingston so awful

I made it to day four.... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY


The week-long sports camp I volunteer at started today, although it rained it was a GREAT day... Helping out is really the best activity ever.




I was assigned to the football team, which we all know wouldn't be the best activity for a non-athletic girly girl: but it turned out to be a lot of fun and the coach says I am not leaving the camp on Friday unless I become a pro at passing the ball. So, we're working on that... I told my boyfriend I want to go to play football with him the next time he goes... He laughed at me... Go figure

I think that being without my B.I.S has helped met to be more in tune with the people around me, because I arrived early to the camp today and if I had service I would've been on my phone rather than going around talking to the American volunteers, who are ABSOLUTELY GREAT, by the way...


AND IN SAD NEWS:



I was driving home Saturday afternoon during a sudden down pour and I realized no matter which route I chose the roads were basically rivers. When did the drainage system in Jamaica become non-existent? I am not a master of cleaning here, but just by a long shot i'm thinking that these drains can be CLEANED... yes CLEANED, that magical word.

In the rains in the early part of the "summer" I wouldn't have felt comfortable driving on any of the roads in Kingston if I wasn't driving my mother's Toyota. [We all know Toyotas don't shut off in water, right? lol]

Now, it's not only about the flooded roads when in rains but the deplorable condition of our roads, even before the rains damaged them MORE.


Potholes are killing us everywhere... I can't drive in peace anymore.

Please Mr. Prime Minister, Minister of Works, National Works Agency... assist us

Comments