Days 5 and 6 of the BlackBerry fast

This fast is a piece o'cake....

I wish I had a piece of cake right now... 




I am having the same thoughts today that I did yesterday, thoughts about renewing my B.I.S because it is WAY easier to communicate with my friends through this medium.

My friends are cursing me, my boyfriend is making it a big deal ... but seriously it's just 12 days. I know I am missing tons of wonderful conversation right now... but if it was that great I'm sure you could have sent me a text message ... just saying.

I hardly miss my B.I.S now, I left my phone in the car for the duration of the camp yesterday and today (8:30 - 2:30, today was longer because we stayed until about 3:30), that's approximately 6 hours without having my phone in my presence, much less using it. If you had told me to go 6 hours without my BlackBerry, prior to this fast, I would have been unable to do it.

I am also having other thoughts, which are more productive to the progress of the fast ... I am having thoughts about not even wanting a BlackBerry anymore. I am over being a defender of the BlackBerry in these smart phone debates and being a die-hard lover of RIM's mess. 

I am not sure when EXACTLY I saw the light, but this separation from my phone's features just killed my interest/ commitment to my BlackBerry device. I am not opposed to having all those features still available to me, but I would rather it in a different phone, and no I am not thinking about an iPhone.

I am thinking about my DREAM PHONE.....


THE SIDEKICK

The above model is the LX PV250... I am not particular about the version but I would love and have always wanted a sidekick.

I remember the first time I saw one, in Super J cellular - when it used to be in Savannah Plaza (I am not sure if it is still there), my parents were using some gift vouchers they got from, the then, Cable and Wireless... I remember when I set my eyes on the phone ... asked to see it ... and then touched it ... and flipped up the screen... I fell in love. 

What I want is the BlackBerry's features in this phone, like a mobile twitter app, web, news applications and instant messaging that will allow me to talk to the people I talk to on BlackBerry messenger... That would be a dream come true.

In closing

  • I hope my friends aren't too angry with me at the end of the 12 days... 


  • O YE! I just realized... I'm half way through.....





What better way to celebrate than with a hamburger cupcake (it is really a cake, just so you don't have to wonder...lol) .... which I wish I was celebrating with  : (


  • Also, I have sun burn... My face felt like rubber at the end of the day at camp but it was an awesome day. The camp has been awesome, not only because it's providing a diversion from my phone, but because it feels good to help out in whatever way you can and the people I am working with are truly wonderful.

Peace.

Comments