#RESOLVElutions: October is for Organization



Organization is always a buzz word when it comes to setting resolutions. Everyone wants to be organized, or somehow more organized. But how do we achieve any kind of organization ?


Organization may look like different things for different people. The word simply means "arranging in order". Thus organization is simply about order. Now, keeping things in order will look different for everyone because its really a matter of subjectivity. I have always had a problem with maintaining a system of order.

At the start of each school semester and perhaps more frequently since I started working, I attempt new methods of ordering things - more commonly my list of things to do. Inadvertently this usually also becomes an organization of my whole life. compartmentalizing my life. Work life. Home life. Social life. All packed neatly into little boxes. 

Recently, I've been doing a good job at keeping my life organized. I bought an organizer, and then I got an organizer for my blog posts and then I also had a to-do list book. I also used the Reminders app on my phone occasionally and the Google Calendar app. I was pretty much organizing my life down to the hour. The only problem with this was that when unexpected things, events, tasks popped up then it threw my very, organized plans out the window and then I felt like the list was pointless and stopped caring about slotting a schedule. This is pretty much the cycle of organizing my life. 

However, for anything to work for you you have to understand yourself. I know my shortcomings and I have to take those into consideration when thinking about organization methods. This is necessary in order to have a process that works. Don't try to do the most like me and then get organization fatigue,  \

Organization is critical to achieving your life's goals. However, like everything else we cannot let it consume us; lest we will be so focused on being organized that we will forget about achieving our dreams and our dream timeline (our dreamline, if you will) will completely disappear. I have been quite fixated on organization in my work life that I sometimes lose sight of the larger organization of my life's achievements - things I want to get done before it's too late. 

I have finally been able to find a happy medium between planning my current life and outlining my dreamline. Honestly, it has only been since I started writing this blog series that I even began to focus on my actual dreams again. It's easy to get lost in the hardships of life and forget about your dreams; organizing your life to ensure you can survive the day, then slowly letting go of organizing your dreams. 

I'm urging us all not to lose sight of our dreams while maintaining our grip on life. Organize your life and organize your dreamline accordingly. Find a happy medium, with an organizational method that works for you.



Look out for the podcast episode !


Comments