#RESOLVElutions: December is for DO-ing !


It's the final day of the month... the final day of the year and almost time again to make those plans. In the words of a famous Dancehall artiste, it's time for "action not a bag a mout' "



If you're tuned in to social media as much as I am, you're  probably already mentally preparing for those "new year, new me" posts and that photo of the woman leaving her baggage behind in the previous year. No matter how we choose to mentally (or socially) prepare for the new year and no matter how annoyed we may be with those "new me" posts we have to admit to ourselves that a new year always seems to signify some kind of new beginning, an awakening, a realization of self. 

I tasked myself with doing these #RESOLVElutions posts every month to see if I could stick to something I set my mind to, and also to help myself keep track of the goals I had set years prior. It's so easy to be consumed by life; to get sucked into all that is going on, to the point where you lose sight of the life you had envisioned. The dream you had for your life turns into a plan for survival. 

I've said some variation of the above in probably all of the posts this year, because it's precisely what happened to me over the years. However, now that I've outlined all these different ways to keep myself on track then the next step is ACTION.

I've set out to refocus my mind, and hopefully the minds of those who have followed along on this journey, in order to unlock, unleash, uncover and even discover the path to dream-walking  (another amazing term I just coined)  and realization (of self, talent, potential, ability, etc..). Through 11 blog posts and 10 podcasts, a course was charted, plans were hatched and now its time to DO.

To keep myself in line I have bought a planner (a staple really); and a goal book. I only bought these separately because I thought it ridiculous to spend upwards of US$50 on a planner and I thought I'd need more space to write things down. I have also committed to using my to-do list book a bit more and chronicling my progress in my journal (at least once a month). Life happens and things change, but if you don't have any idea where you want to go the tide will take you anywhere.

It's all about having a plan and acting on the plan; remembering the reason you created that plan and stick with the plan. If you fall, pick yourself up and keep at it.

I'll be changing a few things on the blog in the new year, so stay tuned. Also, let me know how the dreamscaping is coming.

Thank you for all the love, support and skimming (lol) in 2017. I really appreciate that you completed this journey with me. Have an amazing 2018!!



Comments