The BlackBerry Love Affair


This is the phone I've had for some time... the BlackBerry 9800 ...

At first I didn't want this phone because I know how clumsy I am and a touch screen phone was never in my thoughts, and then it was also a SLIDE UP phone.... I swore (thankfully not on my life nor any of my family members') that I wouldn't get this phone... But months later look who is in love with her BlackBerry 9800.




No I am not going to go into in depth geek-tron discussion about the specs and whatever... No leave that to Gizmodo and those other guys who do reviews and speak tech-a-nese for a living... I am just here to talk about  the dependence I have on my blackberry,

If  you recall (yes, I am hopeful, that you follow my blog... religiously ...lol) a few months ago, I tried a twelve day blackberry fast, and although I didn't complete it I went more than half way... [ read about some of that process here: http://iamnicolette.blogspot.com/2011/07/12-day-blackberry-fast.html ]

But let's get down to business!

Many people say they have Blackberries or "BlackBerrys" (although  my English background gives me the former as being correct) just for the messaging aspect. *meh*  If that was the only thing keeping me attached to my BlackBerry phone I would really just switch to my Sidekick... No disrespect to all the lovely people I have on BBM... But that can't be my sole reason for owning and continuing to put service on my phone.
That may have been one of the draws in the initial stages, when we were still in school and BBM-ing during class was so much more efficient than sending notes across the room. But now that we've been thrust into the work world... The BlackBerry is a saviour.

Those days when you are about to shit your pants because you forgot those documents at home and you have a work presentation... Nope its saved on you BlackBerry

Those days when you're about to bawl [cry] blood because you swear you've deleted an important email... But nope it's still on your BlackBerry.

... and I really could go on and on and on.

I have also become a sort of app junkie... I have :

  • SocialScope
  • UberTwitter
  • Tweeker
  • Facebook
  • ScoreMobile
  • JamaicaObserver
  • Bible
  • Google Maps
  • Tumblr
  • Kobo
  • Hangman
  • Blackberry Protect
  • Capture It
and I love each and every one of them, especially KoBo... I've just become a fanatic because I can read e-books for free; and although I thought I would be championing the cause of reading physical books forever, this app pretty much changed everything for me LOL... I even added Oliver Twist to my library (and as you imagine I have put down the actual book).

My friends and well-wishers, folk and country men (LOL... work with it) who may own an Android phone or some other smart phone may slander the name of the beloved BlackBerry in the streets but to each his own.

I find my phone has made me a more efficient person and since I only have long-term memory... it acts as that part of my brain I erased with old childhood memories so many years ago.



I'm proud to say I've been cheating with my BlackBerry.


Ping!

Comments